Crunchy and sour, these pickles are fermented with dill and garlic for a final product that’s both fragrant and scrumptious!
- 3 cups (750ml) Kirby cucumbers
- 1/2 bunch dill
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp (7.5ml) mustard seeds
- 3 tsp (7.5ml) peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 2 tbs (30ml) coarse salt
- 8 cups (2L) water
- Soak the cucumbers in water for 2 hours. Scrub and rinse.
- Place half of the dill in your Mortier Pilon fermentation jar, then add the cucumbers, the rest of the dill, garlic, mustard seeds, peppercorns and cloves.
- Prepare a brine solution by combining the 8 cups (2L) of water and coarse salt. Add the brine to the jar, making sure to leave at least 3/4 of an inch (2cm) of headspace between the mixture and the rim of the jar.
- Let the mixture ferment at room temperature, covered, for 1 week. Once the desired level of fermentation has been reached, refrigerate or serve.