These savory kimchi pancakes are delicious both as a snack and as an appetizer. As one of our fastest korean recipes, they’ll be ready in a snap and they’re a great way to use kimchi that has fermented a bit too long.
Kimchi Jeon | Kimchi Pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (1L) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) cold water
- 3 cups (750 ml) baechu kimchi
- ½ cup (125 ml) kimchi juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) chili powder
- Whisk the eggs together in a small bowl. In a large bowl, combine the beaten eggs, flour, water, kimchi, kimchi juice and salt.
- Cook as you would pancakes, over medium heat in an oiled nonstick pan. Cook each pancake for 2 minutes on each side, until crisp.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the other ingredients. Serve the pancakes whole or cut into pieces, with the sauce.