Hurray for veggie medleys! This vitamin-packed combination of pears, carrots, leek and cauliflower is tasty and colourful – the perfect way to get in a hearty serving of probiotic veggies.
- 3 pears, peeled and diced
- 3 cups (750ml) cauliflower
- 2 cups (500ml) carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 tbs (45ml) ginger root, minced
- 1/4 cup (65ml) salt
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the salt.
- Place the mixture in your Mortier Pilon fermentation jar and press. Make sure to leave at least 3/4 of an inch of headspace between the vegetable mixture and the rim of the jar. Cover with salt.
- Let the mixture ferment at room temperature, covered, for 3-5 days. If after 24 hours, liquid does not cover all of the mixture, add some water and a pinch of salt. Once the desired level of fermentation has been reached, refrigerate or serve.