With a bunch of different flavors to choose from, this will be your go-to kombucha recipe. Refined and refreshing, perfect for a warm day!
It is a secondary fermentation that will make your kombucha fizzy. It is also at this step that you can incorporate new flavors into your brew. To do so:
1. Transfer the kombucha into one or several Mortier Pilon flip-top bottles.
2. Add in about ½ tablespoon (7.5 ml)) of sugar per bottle.
3. Add in fruit slices, fruit juice, fresh herbs or spices. (This step is optional.)
4. Make sure to shut the lid.
5. Let sit for 4 to 5 days. The longer this step, the fizzier the kombucha.
6. Filter, then enjoy!
There are lots of ways to get creative with your kombucha! To find out what your favorite ingredient combination is, experimenting is the best method. Nonetheless, feel free to use these flavor pairing ideas:
1. Mango & Apricot
2. Strawberry & Lemonade
3. Coconut & Pineapple
4. Ginger & Turmeric
5. Apple & Cinnamon
6. Watermelon & Jalapeño
7. Raspberry & Blueberry
8. Cherry & Vanilla
The SCOBY feeds on the sugar and the gas is evacuated through the jar’s porous wall.